Friday, May 18, 2007

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I've been thinking alot lately about how much I love CINNAMON. Cinnamon and Zacchaeus, that's what I've been thinking about. A great number of my favorite things to eat include cinnamon. When I was a little girl, my dad would make cinnamon toast on the weekends. I was so excited to get out of bed on Saturdays because I knew that Dad would be in the kitchen. And I would sit down at the table in my PJ's with scrappy hair and ask Dad to make me Cinnamon Toast. He would mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sometimes it was already mixed together in a plastic container. Butter the bread. Sprinkle LOTS of the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto the buttered bread. Place the bread on a cookie sheet. And put it in the oven until the butter melted, and the cinnamon sugar would soak into the butter and get all mushy, but the outside of the bread would toast at the same time. Oh MAN was it good, right out of the oven. So, in honor of my dad's famous Cinnamon Toast, here are my top 10 favorite cinnamon items.

10) Spiced Cider brewed all day over the stove at Christmas

9) Brach's Cinnamon hard candy

8) Old Fasioned Cinnamon Donuts from Dunkin Donuts

7) Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal

6) Cinnamon Wheat Thins (These are new and incredibly delicious.)

5) Snickerdoodles!

4) Cinnamon Graham Crackers (spread some peanut butter on these, and wow.)

3) Cinnamon Raisen Bread

2) Cinnamon Vanilla Creme coffee creamer

1) CINNAMON TOAST!!!

5 comments:

kddub said...

cinnamon scented candles?

The Secret Life of Kat said...

My girls love cinnamon and honey in their oatmeal.

FancyPants said...

Well hello Kat! That sounds really good.

I totally fogot cinnamon rolls. How could I forget those?

1.5) Cinnamon Rolls (the Pillsbury kind. The ones you bake and then get to apply that cream cheese icing)

Chaotic Hammer said...

Mmmmm. You're talking about a lot of really good and tasty things here.

I'd have to go with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, snickerdoodles, cinnamon Graham Crackers, cinnamon rolls, and cinnamon raisin bread.

Wow, is it just me, or is anyone else suddenly really hungry?

Seth Ward said...

Torture.

Time to eat.