Saturday, May 19, 2007

Married to a Music Man

(The following takes place Saturday night between 11 PM and 12 AM.)

I love being married to a music man. It's just hilarious ALL the time.

Right now I'm sitting in the living room, laptop out, surfing the blogosphere, waiting for Seth to finish working. He's in the middle of producing someone's record. He just purchased some kickin-major-A headphones, so he works with them on. Which is beneficial for me, because I get to enjoy the dear silence, with only the occasional sound of the silent keys of the keyboard pounding out an unheard tune.

So here I am, enjoying the blissful silence, the hum of the air conditioner, pondering deep life issues, while he works on the record in the music room. Suddenly I hear, with no warning at all, Seth burst out in song at the top of his lungs.

YEEEAAAAAHHH! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! AHEE CAN ONLY IMAGIIIHHHH, YEAHHH, YEAHHHH! Hmmmm, Hmmmm-mm-m.

The outburst of song fades into humming, then interspersed Yeah's amidst pauses, a couple more hums, and once again,

Dead silence.

This has happened before. Sometimes instead of singing it's sudden and alarming drum sounds he creates vocally that I couldn't even begin to sound out so as to type them. Wup...here we go again.

YA TA TA TA, YA TA TA TA, 1 EE AND UH, 2 EE AND UH, YA TA TA TA.....

I love my life.

He just stopped and yelled out to me from the other room, "AM I TALKIN' LOUD? AMBER? AM I TALKIN' LOUD?" Yes, dear, you're talking extrememly loud. "I CAN"T HEAR BECAUSE OF THESE HEADPHONES."

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly see my computer screen. I think I should rephrase my first sentence.

I love being married to my music man.

5 comments:

The Stan said...

I think it's a thing with us composers. I do that all the time and Alba thinks I'm a wierdo for it!

FancyPants said...

Hi Stan!

Are you sure that's why Alba thinks you're a weirdo, or could it be those crazy glasses you got there?

I see you've updated your profile pic. THAT is one great picture.

Great to be blogging with you!

Susanne said...

I'm cracking up at you guys. :)

Mz Jackson said...

Multiple giggles here!

kddub said...

you have an entertaining house!

Maybe you could choreograph some dance moves to his random outbursts of song.