Saturday, August 11, 2007

NYC Update

Corner of Amsterdam and 83rd


My life is a bit crazy right now, so I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I promise that once everything slows down, I'll be a better blogger. I haven't given up on the Catholic discussions. Just haven't had as much time to develop my thoughts here in NYC. Jumping from roommate to roommate. So far there's been a tornado in Brooklyn, the subways were closed for a day due to intense flooding, the heat has been a scorcher, but yesterday felt like fall, I have blisters on the bottom of my feet from walking in Texas shoes rather than New York shoes,

and I'm having a FANTASTIC time!

Tonight I'm going to see a FREE production of Romeo and Juliet in Harlem with my current roommate and some friends. I ate at a great cafe for lunch followed by dessert at Ben and Jerry's, walked it off with a day of window shopping in the Upper West Side, and made plans to go see Mary Poppins on Broadway very soon. I love this place.

Oh and I became a member of Facebook. Yikes.

6 comments:

Seth Ward said...

I talked to this guy with a beard today who says he really misses you... (not Jesus)

kddub said...

sounds like fun.. not the blisters, or flooding part, but the rest of it.

Are you on vacation?

Douglas said...

Facebook... That is scary. Did Seth grow a beard and start having psychotic conversations with himself since you left for NY? Did being 16 on stage have that big an affect on you? Being about twice that age, I barely know that facebook exists. Isn't kind of like myspace, only with less music and the same number of child predators?

Grumpy old man signs off.

FancyPants said...

Did Seth grow a beard and start having psychotic conversations with himself since you left for NY?

Yes, he's a mess without me.

Did being 16 on stage have that big an affect on you? Isn't it kind of like myspace, only with less music and the same number of child predators?

As far as I know, no music and less child predators. Plus, myspace is, like, totally, like, out. Ohmygaw.

Are you on vacation?

Not really. Taking some auditions and whatnot.

Amy said...

I signed up for facebook recently! I found it addictive for the first few days, and now I'm starting to lose interest.

Shelley said...

Hi Fancy!

It sounds like you are having a great time in New York, except for the near-death experience on the plane. I wish you luck at your auditions - that is exciting!

Matt and I saw Mary Poppins in New York a few months ago. There's a weird scene in which Mary banishes a "dark" nanny to hell. It was kinda cool, I guess, but odd. I won't tell you anymore! I guess you could say the broadway version is a bit dark...

Looking forward to meeting you in person in a non-creepy way sometime soon!