Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's the Hard-Knock Life...

The past couple of weeks we've been house sitting. Such a hard job, let me tell ya. The pool and hot tub every night. The bike path behind the house. The tasty food and wine she leaves behind with permission to consume. The FANtastic washer that takes only a tiny amount of detergent for one load of laundry, and the dryer which dries clothes ultra fast. The service that mows the lawn. The piano. The very fast internet that doesn't crap out on us every two days, like the ridiculous TV Max cable internet we were forced into using because of our silly apartment complex. Ugh. Did I mention the wine?

Of course, house sitting does come with responsibilities. I mean, don't get the wrong idea. It's not complete utopia here. I do have to water the plants and feed the eleven-year-old-boy's snails upstairs. And if you've ever seen me with green things that grow, you know that it takes some effort on my part. I fret over whether I should water them today or tomorrow, and once I've watered them, if I've watered them too much. And the snails. Well. I don't know if you've ever fed snails, but...gross. That food stinks. Or is it the snails? Water snails in a tank rarely cleaned by its eleven-year-old owner....probably the snails. Why snails, I wonder? I get fish, or lizards, or even tarantulas. But snails? Not seeing the entertainment or companionship factor there, not even the nurturing factor. I was only instructed to feed them on the weekends. They don't feel like pets when you feed them only once a week. BUT, to each his own...

Oh, and the light from the windows in the morning. WAY too early. =-)

4 comments:

The Secret Life of Kat said...

That looks awesome.

The pool and house.

Not the snails.

Last year we stayed at my parents house while they were on vacation. Pool, river, ocean nearby and lots of food. And FREE.

Awesome.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

So there's wine?

FancyPants said...

Kat, well, that's not exactly the pool and house. It was a quick find on ole' google. But, it's pretty close. And...those aren't the real snails either, just in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't. Those are actually kind of...pretty. His are dull and ugly.

Ocean and river would be nice additions. The FREE is the best part.

Cach, and Canadian Cheddar Cheese with round, fancy crackers. Divine.

kddub said...

"Why snails, I wonder? I get fish, or lizards, or even tarantulas. But snails? Not seeing the entertainment or companionship factor there, not even the nurturing factor."

I was thinking the same thing.