Kat tagged me a while back and I'm finally getting to it. Here it goes:
8 things you don't know about me:
1. I was just cast in a production of The Sound of Music here in Houston.
2. I'm crazy excited.
2. I will be playing the role of Liesl.
3. In the musical, Liesl is 16 years old.
4. I'm 28.
5. What I haven't told anyone is that I have a magic ring that I keep in my coat pocket....
5. Just kidding. Let's try #5 again. I have a love interest in this musical whose character name is Rolf. Rolf is 17.
6. His real name is Mark and he is really 17.
7. I think I have to kiss him.
8. That's really messed up.
8. That wasn't about me so let's try #8 again. I love theater and used to be very involved in it, which people here in Houston don't know because since we've moved to Houston, I haven't done any theater.
6. #6 wasn't about me so let's try that one again, too. My past credits include Maria in West Side Story, Rosemary in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, The Witch in a semi-staged production of Into The Woods, Nellie in South Pacific, Susan in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (7th grade), and Spring in Old Man Winter (3rd grade), in which my arch nemesis was Winter. I wore a pink, frilly dress that was really itchy. I defeated Winter by refracting the sun's rays upon his face with the aid of a mirror. My lines as I defeated him were, "Old Man Winter's got to go! He's got to go! He's got to go!" And then the little spring flowers joined in...."Old Man Winter's got to go! He's got to go! He's got to go!" Glorious!
I am really excited about doing a show again. Rehearsals start this week. Woo hoo!
And I tag....anyone who is reading that....has never seen The Sound of Music.