Saturday, September 20, 2008

Can't Sleep

Somebody remind me to never take a Mucinex ever again. I'm telling you, they kill me. 4 hours ago I was stoned, as Seth put it, and now I'm wide awake at 5 AM, and not a lick of sleep. My brain won't stop. My heart's pounding. I'm hungry. So, I'm assuming that would be the other half of that big honkin' pill I took. The white half, maybe. Not the expectorant half, the other half, the half that's a few chemicals shy of crack. I actually took two pills.

I've got a continual and conscious narration of my thoughts going on inside my head. It doesn't help that, with my new reading companion, Wuthering Heights, (which I read right before bed) I'm thinking with a British accent and inflection. Which is both interesting and amusing all in itself: One part of my consciousness listening to the other part speak in proper British form.

Anyway, I've got a dang cold.

Or shall I say...A temporary illness led on by winds of misfortune has befallen me, and I dare say I must take necessary precautions to beseech its retreat. Retreat, I say! Retreat, unwanted ghoul of nature. Ahhh, retreat unto the far reaches of origin that you might sink back into nonexistance and disturb one's slumber no more.

Yeah, so....can't sleep.

6 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

Yuck, sorry to hear you're sick.

But wow, what I would give to be a fly on the wall there. Fancy stoned on cold medicine and hearing British voices, and Seth... well, just being Seth. :-)

Muses Gone Wild!

Narci D said...

LOL, Bronte would be so proud.

Anonymous said...

feel better soon!

Shannon Evans said...

excellent usage of the word beseech :)

FancyPants said...

C-Ham, so what you're saying is Seth is loopy enough without being stoned on cold medicine.

TSB, I love those ladies.

Audrey, thanks a mil.

Tiny D, why thank you, my dear newly aquired sister of two years and a fortnight. Two fortnights, rather. Or is it three? See, this is where my British lingo suffers. What the heck is a fortnight? (Wiki says 14 days...)

Roy said...

You want the Dictionary entry for fortnight, which gives the etymology:
Middle English fourtenight, alteration of fourtene night, fourteen nights ...

Now you'll never forget. :^)