Monday, November 12, 2007

In My Kitchen, part II

Our super came today and sealed holes around the piping in the cabinets underneath the sink. And he set a trap.

Now see, this causes another problem. If Mickey gets caught in the trap, you're crazy if you think I'm touching that thing to throw it out the window, or kill it like my father-in-law does, by STOMPING on it. Uh-uh. No sirrree. And Seth's out of town. (Of course, I have to see the dadgum mouse when he's out of town.)

So I've remedied the problem. My next door neighbor has agreed to deal with it if I catch Mickey.

My next door neighbor's 18 and just out of high school. I think he hates me now for asking because I could see in his face that he was just being nice. Oh well. I'm very thankful for his manners, and I hope he doesn't hate me. He's a really great kid who's on Broadway, actually. He hasn't been working for the past few days, though, because of the stagehand strike. Most Broadway has gone dark, if you haven't read it in the papers. So since he has so much free time, I've requested he rid me of my mouse.

Let's all just hope Mickey decides not to visit again. For his sake and mine, and my next door neighbor's.

4 comments:

Seth Ward said...

That is hilarious about Blake. I can just see his face.

The mouse gladiator will return soon me-lady. And when he does, Mickey's goin' down. Goin' down to Chinatown.

FancyPants said...

My hero!

(Just...if you stomp on it, make sure I'm nowhere in the vicinity....)

Narci D said...

That's crazy that Broadway is down as well. And I thought I was peeved about possibly missing Lost.

We've had a crazy wasp infestation in our house. They tend to congregate on the windows under the blinds. If you think stomping mice is bad, my husband takes a pair of scissors and snaps the little wasps in two. He SAYS that the scissors are the only thing that fit through the blinds to reach the wasps, but that doesn't explain the satisfacory smile on his face when he catches one.

Men are weird.

FancyPants said...

Narci, that's pretty impressive that your husband can kill wasps with scissors. Kind of like Mr. Miagi killing flies with chopsticks.